onsdag 9 juli 2014

The final countdown - English edition

So, now with less than one week left in Buenos Aires and more than a week of things to do, and my last exam. How will this end? My conclusion is that I have to come back.

I have had my last big presentation in school. I was a bit nervous, but I did it! Also, I got a lovely group to do my project with, that helped me a lot. They have been really nice and I hope they have had some fun as well. This is a part of our conversation; what-to-wear-during-the-presentation where my dictionary did not really make sense. (and jajaja is hahaha, in Castellano) 



Now, the last 2 months, I have got quite nice routines here. I have found a really nice job  as a volunteer in a kinder garden in a suburb called Villa 31. I have realised that work with children is something I find really important  and enjoy a lot. I have had such a great time, I have been celebrating birthdays, watching theater plays, got a fabric-bracelet that I wear all the time now, and lots of hugs and kisses. With this, my immune system has been working on a higher gear, and I cannot say it always been that successful.. But with all the joy, it is worth it! (and when you have a friend as Linnea that comes with kukeliku medicine aka ice-cream)



(Photos from Detras de Todo. Their webpage; http://www.detrasdetodo.org/index.asp?Seccion=home).

I have also started to dance Bachata, I don´t know why I haven´t taken any dance classes before, it is really fun. But quite hard for a Swedish girl that does not have the rhythm in her blood nor used to dancing that close to people, and especially not strangers. I don´t know if this with personal space is a Swedish thing or just my family, because my family haven´t raised me with lots of hugs, with love but not closeness (hey, I´m not like them, I like hugs, just saying..).  Well, in my last class yesterday I kind of started to figure it out, and I have decided to continue when I get back to Sweden.

Moreover, as Argentina is in the quarter final, I have had the opportunity to rest from my hard days of studying and watch some soccer once in a while. It is really buena onda, good atmosphere and I really hope to see Argentina in the final when I’m in Rio (well, I’m just a student so I will not give you any updates from the stadium). The sensation when Argentina scored against swiza: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=902l8fCWfu4
Or from my balcony, with a diseponted english comentator, he did not cheer for Argentina. 
Yesterday I was convinced by Paul and Stefan to join them at the game Germany-Brazil, Stefan got some things to eat and I couldn't resist. But I said that I would only cheer for Germany if they played better.. And, they did. Stefan brought a germany flag and Paul a Germany shirt. We and about 8 others were cheering for Germany in a park where they show all the games. And, with the success of Germany, we were interviewed by 3 different Argentinian television companies and took lots of photos with the German flag. My 3 minutes of fame is while being a fake-german.. Now, a bit more studies and then it is time for the next quarter final, VAMOS ARGENTINA!
Vamos, vamos Argentina,vamos, vamos a ganar,
que esta barra quilombera,
no te deja, no te deja de alentar






Don´t ask what I´m doing in the photo. But it was all love yeasterday!


As it is now Swedish summer and the summer in Sweden is quite short, the best party of the year is when we celebrate the beginning of summer. So, me, Victor and Linnea had a Swedish “Midsommar fest” here in Buenos Aires. We made wreaths, sang songs and had a great time. Another tradition of this party is that before going to bed one should pick 7 different flowers, put under your pillow. When you done that you go to sleep and, the saying is, that you dream about the person you are going to marry.
This and other traditions we tried to explain to our friends. Something’s went well and other things got lost in translation, my friend now thinks we have a 9 day long celebration..






The wine here is amazing, ass the meet, and I will for shore miss it! But I have also been out drinking some beers with my friends that I meet just when I arrived. They made shore that I manage to see something else that just my neighborhood, Palermo. Great times.




Well Palermo is really nice, it has cafés, bars, nightclubs, a chill atmosphere and I really enjoy this part of town. Touristic, but nice. I also enjoy that there are a lot of happenings and street art. 

Street art; Mart in Palermo
Linnea, in Sarkis, a nice arabic restaurante. I´m happy that I found a friend here that is as into food as I am.

There was a 10 km running contest a few days ago, that me and some friends decided to do. It was fun, and for me, good to have something to look forward to when I´m running.

Fanny, me, Victor and Julien after 10 km in "Circuito de estaciones"

Lot of people ask me what I will do when I´m coming home and if I miss Sweden. Well, I miss my sisters, the rest of my family and friends. And also, I will enjoy walking indoors without shoes, I will eat my favorite candy, Geléhallon. I will have summer, so I will enjoy that.

If I´m able to go home, because yesterday I realized that my flight had been canceled. I thought Boludo, and called the airline. They said, “Your connection fight to Sao Paulo have been canceled, does that bother you?” Eh, well, it did. But I now have a flight to Sweden as it seems.     


Sweden, this is what I miss; Geléhallon in the first photo, in the second, me and my sisters.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar